Rita Fierro (of Fierro Consulting LLC and DrRitaWrites.com), a multifaceted practitioner of evaluation and facilitation, joins Brian and Carolyn on a deep exploration of the fractal nature of social transformation, trauma and healing, and how our evaluation practices can weave through these complex spaces. From the pursuit of “beloved community” to how we handle our own healing work to working with leaders and being leaders ourselves to what stories we tell and want to be telling to vicarious trauma in evaluation work to what it means to embrace our emotions without letting them drive, we cover it all. Be sure to check out the blog post that inspired and informed this conversation: Social Change is a Fractal Thing.
- Participatory Leadership and Evaluation workshop, with Chris Corrigan and Dr. Dominica McBride
- Sandy Bloom and the Sanctuary Model for transforming organizational trauma
- Emergent Strategy, by adrienne maree brown
- Attribution for “90-second emotions” (credited to neuroscientist Jill Bolte Taylor–anyone know of primary research on this?)
- Episode 21: Evaluating From The Heart with Dr. Nora Murphy Johnson
- Trauma Transformation blog