Kick things off right with Brian and Carolyn as we tackle one of the most deep and profound philosophical questions facing the field of evaluation—how do you even start one of these things!? Where do you begin with evaluation? What does it take to unravel the story behind the evaluation purpose? Why give people fake findings? What are the assumptions that can get you off on the wrong foot? What’s the value of a dumb question? How do we avoid the method trap? How does going slow help us go faster? And, most important of all, who’s actually going to listen all the way through that part in the middle where we got distracted talking about our respective file organization systems? Tune in and find out!
- Episode 13: This Could Be the Start of Something: Client Relationships and Evaluation
- Research is Ceremony: Indigenous Research Methods, by Shawn Wilson
- Bear notes app that Brian mentioned
- Not the definitive source of but some background on “Go slow to go fast”
- Source of “moving at the speed of trust”