Carolyn and Brian are back in the Eval Cafe and ready for a brand new school-year that’s just “chalk” full of learning! Pull up a desk, get out your binders and cahiers, and be prepared to take notes because this will be on the final exam. What’s Brian’s ultimate whiteboard hack? How does Carolyn justify putting a bed in their office? What educational experiences are Carolyn and Brian most looking forward to and how did they spend their summer vacation? Warning: this episode comes with a reading list.
This is the episode that may as well have been sponsored by Ikea, Staples, and 3M (makers of the best post-its, as long as you don’t accidentally buy the ‘pop-up’ kind). Please send us free office supplies! Also, the word of this episode is “excited”–count how many times Carolyn says it, win a prize!
NOTE: We’ve migrated to a new hosting platform. Please update your subscriptions!
(Apologies for a small amount of audio distortion on the track at around 12:26.)
- Thinking In Systems, by Donella Meadows
- The Fifth Discipline, by Peter Senge
- Systems Thinking for Social Change, by David Peter Stroh
- Evaluation Failures: 22 Tales of Mistakes Made and Lessons Learned, edited by Kylie Hutchinson
- Simon Fraser University Evaluation for Social Change and Transformational Learning Certificate
- Evaluating Collective Impact, Tamarack Institute
- AEA 2018 Conference
- AEA 2018 Virtual Conference
BONUS: The IKEA Erska futon!