Brian and Carolyn get participatory! In this episode, we talk about the hows and whys of getting stakeholders engaged in the evaluation process. Questions include: Whose participation are we getting? How do we design for participation? Have either of us really done ‘participatory evaluation’?
- Chris Lysy’s cartoon differentiating collaborative, participatory and empowerment evaluation
- Participedia, a crowd-sourced database of cases, methods and organizations for participatory governance
- Rethinking the Region V Keynote: Public Participation for 21st Century Democracy: Rethinking Local Civic Infrastructures
- Corey Newhouse (Public Profit) and Kylie Hutchinson (Community Solutions) routinely offer a webinar on participatory sense-making/data parties (most recently this past May) and there’s a online guide to Dabbling in the Data
- Carolyn’s blog post on frontline staff engagement
- BetterEvaluation article on participatory evaluation
- AEA’s Collaborative, Participatory & Empowerment TIG